Monday, January 12, 2015

Broken Holiday Traditions

These are traditions that I broke this past Holiday Season. I'm in shock at the normal things that weren't done after year of having a set way of doing things each and every year. 

1. I didn't go into JcPenney for my customary sweater that I would have worn on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Sometimes, I'd even get myself one for my birthday since it's between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Usually, I ended up with three good picks per year, as I'm cold natured.

2.  I didn't even go to the mall for any pre Christmas sales. Any of them. Just...WOW. The last three years were at Arbor Place Mall in Douglasville with the years before being at Northlake Mall in Tucker. Right now, I can't even tell you the last time that I was in either mall.

3.  I ordered a majority of gifts online from Amazon, which I've never done before. Sure, I used Ebay for some vintage pieces that my kid wanted a few years back but this was me getting shoes, books, a utility cart, bras, shirts, and even new pillows for my bed. I covered several people in that one hour online.

4.  I usually go to Wilson's Leather or Kohl's for a new purse every Christmas but this year I didn't bother going to either place since it seemed that my last one had life still left in it. I even had someone give me two bags that were in great shape. Now, I just need to replace the wallet that I busted.

5.  At Thanksgiving, I didn't go to Bass Pro Outlet for anything flannel or fleece. Typically, I get some type of pullover jacket or flannel lined jeans for "snow" weather. Nada this time. I'd rather go there to see the fish swimming in their make shift pond as it was more soothing than the bustle of the people running around the aisles.

6.  I didn't write a majority of my days of at Thanksgiving. I spent some time plotting out a few things or doing research but not the countless hours of mind numbing typing. I"m just disappointed in this fact as I wanted to have two books on the way to being published by the end of 2015.

7. There was no browsing the latest electronic game system or gadgets for my son. He has plenty so why add to it? And if he keeps focusing on his games instead of his studies, he won't have them anyway.

 8. I am great about getting my gifts well ahead of any rush, with them being all wrapped up a few days before Christmas. There would be a large tub that was set aside to keep them in as I kept them safe from our inside animals. Not this year!

9.  No over eating happened. Gluttony was not my friend. I ate but not to the point of making myself sick. It just wasn't how I wanted to spend my time.

10. Not once did I go to the tool store for a gift for one of the men in my life. Usually it was my brother, hubby, or my daddy that had a tool that needed to be replaced each year. 

11. As my son is a teenager, there was no Santa wrapped presents. He knows that we're the Claus' so there is no sense lying to him about who bought the extra gifts. We just make them as a surprise and skip the rest. It still works.

Did you break any traditions or just stop doing some of the things that you once spent tons of time on? Share it with us.
 )))Corset Hugs(((

Ginny Lynn 
Wench Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment