Monday, May 13, 2013

Favorites - Authors


My favorite authors and they just happen to be all women.


1. Laurell K. Hamilton
 
 

This divine woman is #1 on my list because not only did she make me want to push harder at my creative boundaries, but with her fierce drive to keep Anita Blake going for 20+ novels. Anyone who can last that long deserves a medal of honor, in my honest opinion. The Cosby's didn't even last as long as the astounding Anita Blake! Ms. Hamilton's books are on my MUST BUY List, for the rest of my paranormal loving days. Thank you for giving me a piece of what I needed to push through and write what was in my bottomless heart. It made the difference and always will.
 
2. Sherrilyn Kenyon
 
 
I was lucky enough to meet this woman, twice actually. She had a smile on her beautiful face and a heart that made me want to make her proud as a fellow paranormal author. She has driven more than one series to the limits and I'm inspired by her loyalty to the voices in her head. Her stories reminded me of the softer side of romance and my need for more of that. Thank you, Ms. Kenyon, for shedding some candlelight on the lonely romantic soul inside of me.


 
 3. Kim Harrison
 
 
 
I have her here because for my Christmas gift to myself (2012) I bought all of The Hollows Series. I was loving it. Thankfully, Cheryl Hart had given me a gift card to pay for some of it :-). I have these books all together and will read them several times. This set of stories showed me that I needed to dig deeper into what made the characters tick, faults and all. I embraced that and fight myself to see who I love more, Ivy or Rachel. Thanks, Ms. Harrison.

 
4. Kresley Cole 
 
 

 
 Immortals After Dark - need I say more? This pure yumminess of a series is sexy, sassy, and wonderful to sink your teeth into. She had me at A Hunger Like No Other and I'm looking to buy them all. Her level of romance is enough to have me smiling as I turn the pages and you can bet that I'll have all of them by the end of the year. I tip my pirate hat to you, Ms. Cole. Thanks for the nommage.
 
 
5. Keri Arthur
 


I love Riley Jensen. She's a delicious combo of badass and bodacious. I love the development of this character and her devotion to her twin brother. You showed a chaotic lifestyle with a passionate love life that had me wanting to add a dash of spice to my manuscript recipe. I have some of these books,(sorry and I'll rectify this soon), and have already started rereading them. Ms. Arthur, I want you to know how much joy I received from reading this series. I had my pompoms ready to see Red-Headed Riley triumph again.
 
 
 
Ladies, again I want you to know what you mean to me. I cherish the time that I spend on your spellbinding characters. I buy the novels as a constant reminder of where I need to be with my future in the writing industry. I aspire to inspire, as you have done the same for me.
 
 
)))Corset Hugs((( and a toast to your fictional futures, may they burn brighter than the stars.
 
 
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer
  






No comments:

Post a Comment