Monday, May 20, 2013

What do you remember about your favorite characters?

If I asked you to describe your favorite fictional character, could you tell me their physical description? These are the things that make a character memorable. Each novel has them, no matter what genre.
 

Here’s some examples:

Jessica Rabbit:         red hair,  sexy sequined dress 
  
 
 
Harry Potter:           glasses, lightening shaped scar
  
 
Darth Vader:            black ensemble, disturbing voice 
 
   
Mary Poppins:          hair in a bun, carpet bag
 
 
 
Freddy Kreuger:      melted skin, hat, razor edged gloves 
 

These things are easy to recall when you see the character in your mind. You have to
do the same thing when you invent the people in your books.


So, when I think through my next few (dozen, hehe) manuscripts, I’m going to give you characters that are believable and lovable, even the bad guys that you want to smack. I’ll do this because I want to have them become as real for you as they are in my imagination. That’s part of my job as a writer and I hope that I can make you proud.

Who sticks out in your mind? Do your characters fit the bill?

 
)))Corset Hugs(((

Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment