Monday, July 14, 2014

Second Week Snippets

My Teaser for this week will be a creepy set from my second novel, Just to be Left Alone, my first (non-paranormal) romantic suspense. 


Here's the blurb, for those who haven't read it yet:

Samantha Malone just wants to have a content relationship and a fulfilling career but what fate throws at her is deranged Jason Strickland, who thinks she belongs to him and no one else. Jason is the ex-boyfriend that wickedly dogs her every step and threatens her at every sinister turn, going to insane extremes to have her all to himself. When the tide turns and things fade to black, she meets handsome motorcycle driving samaritan, Conrad Forsythe who gladly comes to her rescue, more than once. Conrad is the passionate type of man that has her envisioning steamy nights and cherished days. She begins to crave these things and much more as her heart reaches for her green eyed white knight. Can she get safely away from the man who is desperate enough to kidnap her? She prays so because love must always rule the heart of this fair maiden.
***
Once finished, I walked out and was painfully grabbed by the hand. I started to yell and another hand smothered the cry before it left my lips. I was shoved against the wall near the bathroom exit.
“I told you I’d be back. But this time, I only want you to hear what I have to say. Don’t scream or try anything foolish and I’ll be finished in a minute. Understand?”
I nodded as much as I could under his smothering hand and swallowed hard.
“Okay, I love you. I know I’ve done some crazy things, like now, to get your attention. It seems I’ve driven you into the arms of someone else when I just wanted us to have the passionate relationship that I’ve been dreaming of. Maybe we can go slowly this time. Are you serious with that man? Conrad, right?”
I tried to shake my head.
“Good, that would make things very bad. I’m going to let you go now. I want you to go back to the girls and act as if everything is normal, because it is. Don’t get serious with that man. I’ll be watching you. Now be a good girl and head back to your table.”

He kissed my forehead and slowly let go of me. I pushed away from the wall and looked at him. He calmly took a step away from me, as if he wasn’t the same person who had been threatening me. I ducked around him and slowly walked away, just barely looking over my shoulder to see if he was following me. I saw him slide in with a group coming out of the restroom and I walked faster in the opposite direction. 
***
Soon after Conrad and Parker came in, Felicia apologized to me.
“It’s okay Felicia. Raven told me what was going on.”
Parker and Chastity sat across from me.
Chastity said, “I’m ticked that you didn’t want to tell anyone what had happened until you were gone. How were we supposed to grab him for threatening you if you didn’t tell us? You let him do this to you and he just walked away again.”
All I could do was whisper, “I didn’t want anything else to happen.”
I felt a weight next to me and was immediately wrapped in big arms. I inhaled and somehow knew it was Conrad. I thought about Jason knowing he was there. I jerked. He tightened his arms around me and said, “Calm down, just relax. I’m not going to hurt you.”
“I can’t. He told me to stay away from you. You didn’t see him or hear how he said it. He said it would be a bad thing if we got any more serious about one another and for me to keep away from you. If he saw you come here after me there’s no telling what he’ll do next.”
“Listen. Jason can go fly a kite or go to the next looney bin, whichever suits him best. If his intentions are to threaten, hurt, or frighten you again, I’ll do what I have to do. We’re going to come up with a plan to keep you protected. I told you that I have seen this kind of behavior before. I can’t stand by and let it happen to you,” Conrad said.
I nodded.
“First of all, we need to get a restraining order against Jason,” Raven suggested.
“That’s sure to piss him off and I don’t particularly care,” Chastity offered.


Whatcha think? Does Jason need his own padded cell or is he just another misunderstood man with a heart of gold? Giggle, as if :-)

)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer

2 comments:

  1. Great creepy vibe! This looks really good. And I love the cover :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stalker scenario and the cover is yummy. Thanks for stopping by and visit again.
    Ginny Lynn

    ReplyDelete