Monday, November 10, 2014

Second Week Snippets - Another Work In Progress (Unedited)

The blood was ambrosia to my panging stomach but it was also terrifying in it’s delivery. How could he have killed the female peasant? He didn’t need to as there was game migrating into the forest. He could’ve taken us farther into the limbed depth to fill our vast emptiness. But he chose to kill a virgin who had mistakenly came across his prowling steps.
He’d even rubbed red against my muzzle after making the killing blow. I knew by the scent that she had been a virgin, untainted by the darkness that had just taken her soul. I heard footsteps rumbling toward us, knowing we were about to be confronted. Blast his hide for crossing this line, with so many of us here to pay for this crime. My instinct told me not to look any further upon the body at his paws and to run for cover, as the devil himself would be upon us quickly.
I yipped a cry to the others as I turned my tucked tail toward the hills. Hearing the shuffle of my escaping pack, my heart leapt as the human neared us. We’d all been caught by surprise and would pay for it dearly. A few were frightened enough that their bodies rode too closely to mine. It was a momentary tangle of limbs and then a missed step that had me lagging behind the others. Fear rode the air as I fought to recover, but I wasn’t quick enough.
I heard a bellow just before I felt the ripping pain in my hip. I faltered further, hitting the churned earth, as my pack left me there. I was shot and would be sacrificed for someone else’s crime. God help me.
***
Thaddeus bellowed as he pulled the trigger on his riffle. My moving target went down in a tangle of limbs. The small cream colored wolf with the red smeared muzzle had been taken out with only one shot. It’s a shame that I could only kill one of them, especially as I saw the unmoving victim in the dry leaves of the forest floor. I could see the fair maiden was dead by the amount of blood pooling out around her cooling form. If only I’d caught the pack before she had come across their path. Would I have been quick enough to save her? I’d never know. That made his tough heart ache.  

Now I’d have two bodies to tend to. I wasn’t about to leave the woman’s body for them to come back to and I had use for the wolf skin. Setting the rifle down, I found a boulder that was just large enough to cover the corpse, plus mark her resting place. I’d have to leave word with someone in the small village about her whereabouts. Someone would have to know what had become of her. Thankfully, one of the predators had been taken care of, as to not have the same one attack an innocent again.
Whatcha think of this one? Let me know.
)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer



No comments:

Post a Comment