Monday, May 4, 2015

A "running diary” of a writing process - What to write next?

Some of you guys know that I just finished the rewrites on my first gothic manuscript. If you didn't know this then where the heck have you been? Now I have to figure out what to do next. I have about 60 ideas saved in a file and some of them even have rough outlines for what each is about but what do I do next?
I have a 6-8 book paranormal series that I could go back to since I'm only 1/4 into writing the second book but I'm not seeing it selling anytime soon. I've tried to get it out there but it doesn't seem to be what the market is looking for right now. It's my favorite of everything that I have written so far but that doesn't mean that it's going to be easily taken in.

There's a more vintage shifter manuscript that I started but I'd have to get my mind back into that frame to execute it properly. After doing my gothic, my heart is only half into finishing that project, to matter how good I have the story line penciled out.

Maybe I can do several beat sheets on the ideas I have and see which one screams the loudest to be written but that also means that I have to actually get those sheets down pat before I can say that I did my best to pick the story that I need to focus on next.

What seems to be selling right now is New Adult, Historicals, and Contemporary romance...and I'm not into writing those. I'm more witches, vampires, shifters, demons, and such in an Urban or Southern based place.
I'd love to toss ideas out to you guys to see what you would like for me to write but then some lazy person would grab my ideas before I was able to flesh it out for myself. That sucks. So I'm guessing that my only option is to start reading over all of my ideas and find one that has me jumping into my plotting shoes for my next big project.

Any other suggestions? Ideas? Share them with me.

)))Corset Hugs(((

Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer

1 comment:

  1. I have the same dilemma. Not sure what I should work on next.

    ReplyDelete