Monday, March 18, 2013

My kind of freelancing

Well, in fighting my writing block plus the adding of plotting tools, I have come to a realization. I have somehow adapted freelancing into my strategies.
Freelance:
1. Also, freelancer. a person who works as a writer, designer, performer, or the like, selling work or services by the hour, day, job, etc., rather than working on a regular salary basis for one employer.
2. a person who contends in a cause or in a succession of various causes, as he or she chooses, without personal attachment or allegiance.
 
Okay, so when I'm hitting a brick wall in my mental status, then I start daydreaming about what I could do to the characters next. Once I have a smile, and a couple of ideas, I start typing them as notes at the bottom of my manuscript. This gives me an espresso shot of creativity, and usually a few giggles, while I work through the scene that has stopped at an imaginary red light.
At times, I wonder where the scene could possibly be going. That's when I start typing out anything and everything in my brain and by the time I'm done, I have a clear winner for the scene development. At times, I've even taken two of the ideas and put one a little further in the story.
 
For instance, in my latest WIP (work in progress):
Girl is on horseback as she flees from her suitor.
       1. she can get away, to only have him catch up to her as she jumps off of her horse, yelling at her
       2. he can ride beside her and yank her off of the horse, like in a western movie
       3. she can fall off of her horse, causing her own injury, and leave the man to bring her home
 
Right now, my mind is laughing at #3 as I embarrass her by having her being carried to the house by a man that she'd rather not be seen with, let alone held by. I snicker as I figure out how to dent her ego and how to make the job harder on him, for even bothering with her spoiled butt.
 
Bam, my fingers are flying as I leave the mischievous grin plastered on my fictional face. If I happen to hit another turn in the proverbial road, then I start brainstorming again.
 
Do you guys do things like this? I can't be the only one this insane, I mean, spontaneous. :=)
 
)))Corset Hug(((
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment