Monday, August 26, 2013

Symbolism

Symbolism (Def): The practice of representing things by means of symbols or significance to objects, events, or relationships.

     I have a few things in my life that are ripe with symbolism. I’ll share a few of them and you tell me some of yours.
     These things may not mean the same to you or they may be false perceptions by the population as a whole, but that is up to the individual to embrace or ignore.

     In writing, I’m learning that any covers showing a: knot, tie, or bindings – are part of the Erotic or Bondage realm. I wanted to use a knot on one of mine, until I was educated that it may not be seen as how I wanted it to come across. I still liked the idea and was shown something else that worked instead.

     I like peacocks and to me, they remind me of vampires. I see peacocks as regal animals that aren’t exactly beautiful but you can’t help but to notice them. They have a mannerism that makes them see as if they are looking down their beaks at you as they strut around. They may not be blood thirsty animals but you can’t ignore how they seem to set themselves apart from their surroundings. And have you ever seen an albino peacock? I have and WOW.

     My favorite flower is a tiger lily. My grandmother used to grow them in her yard in Columbus, Ga. I even have one tattooed between my shoulder blades.  I have recently found out that lilies are the symbol for beauty and temptation. I never would have thought that as they are not the most gorgeous flower out there. With me, this seems fitting as I am drawn to things like this, even if I’m not fond of orange. Unusual, huh?

     A wedding band represents an eternal love that has no beginning and no end. In the grand scheme of things, there is always a beginning and end but I see the purpose behind the symbolism. Maybe it’s my tendency to look at things literally, but I understand the concept.

     A sword can stand for strength, war, blood, and toughness.

     For me, a book is a form of escape, whether I’m writing one or reading one.


I’ve shared my ideas and now it’s your turn. What forms of symbolism do you see?

)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn

Wench Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment