Monday, September 2, 2013

Firsts - Book Festival as an Author

My First Book Festival


Well, I was happy to be asked to help out at this year's AJC Decatur Book Festival. I was at booth 529 with Georgia Romance Writers and Read It Again Bookstore.
The ladies from Read It Again were amazing! They were congenial and wonderful company on a muggy afternoon.
 
And who placed us outside Starbucks? I'd like to thank and grumble at them all at the same time. I had driven to the event with one of my typical weather related migraines and was unable to partake of the mermaid madness that is Starbucks coffee.
Anyway :-) 

Jennifer McQuiston had this amazing idea and you may recognize the two ladies on the right. GRW's Nicki Salcedo and Sally Kilpatrick were among the folks to step into the book cover for a photo op. I think Sally (the last pic) is perfect. Yes, the other two were men with wonderful personalities. Bravo.



 
 
I was more anxious about driving there with my migraine than I was even figuring out what to bring or wear. I'm weird that way.
 
I was scheduled for two shifts on Saturday afternoon, so I took several print copies of Andromeda, my Wench Writer cards and pens. I sold four in the four hours that I was there and was asked to leave five more (signed, of course) for them to sell through Sunday. I was happy to comply.
 
The corset got me several comments (to my face, giggle) and lots of looks, but being a wench has me used to that sort of thing. I embrace my corsetness. (Yes, I made that word up. Mine!)
 
 
And look at this. Me with Jane Porter (http://www.janeporter.com/) and Jennifer McQuiston(http://www.jenmcquiston.com/) . These women are wonderful fictional role models. They write with passion as they deal with families, jobs, and their own unique humor. To see women like this, selling pieces of their souls to readers who flock to the tents - that's inspiration.  
 
And to the other authors who bust hump to enrich our fictional lives and the readers who starve for our works, I salute you.
 
)))Corset Hugs((
 
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the site.....looks like your writing is taking off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I aim for you guys to be proud of me. I'm on here every Monday morning. I call it Moanday Blogging. I hope to see you back on here.

      )))Corset Hugs(((
      Ginny Lynn

      Delete