Monday, April 14, 2014

Second Week Snippets - My Current WIP (Stand alone)

We enter this scene with a sheltered woman who fights to be her own person and not the make believe person that her father has turned her into. You see, her father has signed her marriage contract to a man she hasn't seen in ten years. She's taken a precarious ride out into the property as she thinks over the ways that she can legally get out of this contract, without loosing everything around her.
***
I was so wrapped up in my own misery that I didn’t hear him until it was too late.
“I told you that you shouldn’t be out here this close to dawn.”
I squeaked as I jumped up. Then I proceeded to fall backward into the cool dark water. Thank goodness we couldn’t drown because my mouth was open when my back hit the muddy bank.
Just when my skin registered the water, I was yanked upward. I was back on my feet as my hair was clinging to my face and throat. I could feel the man who held me, like a heavy presence on my tight nerves. I reached over his arm to swipe the hair from my eyes. I never should have done that. I would’ve been better off not seeing those possessive eyes.
My breath held, tight in my chest, as the memory slammed into me with force.
“No, not you.”
“Yes, me.”
No. Not him. My mind fractured as I fought to grasp the situation. The man who still held my arms was the same man that I had just been running away from. His hold on my future was as steely as the grip he had on me now. This broad and surprisingly gorgeous vampire was to be my husband.
“You thought it’d be that easy to hide?”
“What are you doing here?” I stammered.
Then I realized that I could still feel his skin on mine. I shuffled backward, out of his hands.
“You know the answer to that, Calinda Paki. You are to join the Osiris clan, by the full moon.”
***
And later..........
“Calinda, please kiss me.”
With those words I was lost. I complied.
I placed both of my hands around his face, embracing his strong jaw line as I set about tasting him. I had little idea of how to do this properly but something in me needed this. I had to see if there was anything to us other than our families. If there was no real spark then I had to make this a true arrangement. It was the only thing that made sense. Then I blocked my thoughts and focused on him. What would feel wonderful if done to me? How do I see if I’m adept at all in the bedroom? This was virgin territory to me, in all realms of the imagination.
I ran my tongue over his lips, like he had mine. His breath hitched, just a notch. I nipped at his bottom lip and his eyelashes fluttered against my high cheekbones. I pulled at his face until my tongue could spear into his mouth to touch his. Then I was being pulled downward, further under him. My head was no longer at a bad angle and his weight was surprisingly pleasing on the length of me.
It was shocking but maybe not, as married couples did more than just touch. Hold. Kiss. My wet tongue darted naively with his. My middle tightened under him, in nervous anticipation. The kiss deepened and our breathing changed. I nipped at his full bottom lip and got a groan in response. A butterfly took flight in my stomach. I boldly did it again, harder, before I dove into a kiss so searing that I thought I would surely melt. I felt an unfamiliar need. This was nothing I had ever felt before. I wanted more of this feeling. Bathing in it would be downright irresistible.
***
Well, what do you think about these little morsels?

)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn

Wench Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment