Monday, June 16, 2014

I think that I want to be an editor in my next life

I've been reading since I was old enough to understand a non Sesame Street plot. I wrote my first novel at 17 and have been serious about it the last five years.


I didn't have a very good experience with education so I didn't go into college until I was reaching 40. At that point, I needed to take an english course to achieve my medical assistant diploma. I have improved some of my issues with proper english writing but I’m still weak in certain areas. If it wasn't for being my age (and the fact that I’d only be using it for my writing), I’d go back for more education in that realm. If I did that, then I could happily be paid to edit books for the rest of my cognitive years. I mean really, getting paid to read books all day? That’s a win/win situation in my eyes. Sure, I could get drained as most jobs can do to a person but it’d be fun as I got to play in the imagination of others as I helped them improve what they share with the public. Sigh, just dreamy. Especially if I could get into a house that let me go through all my favorite genres. EEEkkkk! So fun that it could end up like being paid to have fun. Who wouldn't want that? 

As I've thought this over (a half million times), I have now placed this on the back burner where if my MA diploma doesn't get me where I want to be, then I can start taking online classes again to pursue this as my retiring career. It’d be difficult for me as I’d have to completely retrain myself but it’d be worth it as it would fit a dual purpose in improving my own manuscripts. I just hope that I could still indulge my muse as I did all of this. It’d be terrible if I lost the love of writing because I was too embedded in the writing of others, but I’ll chance it.

)))Corset Hugs(((

Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer



No comments:

Post a Comment