Monday, June 2, 2014

Firsts - A Wench without a ship

This is a newer first for me. Some of you know that I've been working at the Georgia Renaissance Festival for the last four seasons. I'd loved the place so much that it even pushed me into being the Wench Writer as I branded myself with the corsets that I make as my uniform there. 
I started off in the ticket booth and then moved to the all powerful Pirate Ship that was then run by Captain Matt. I loved that ship and it was a treat to be welcomed aboard as one of their beloved pirate wenches. 
Now, the ship has been sold back to the owner from ten years ago and I'm no longer working for them. This doesn't mean that I'm not a pirate wench, it just means that I'm able to sail about as I see fit. My heart misses the ship but the horizon always has a new location in store for those willing to seek it. 
I'm working at the front gate as I get to greet all of the wonderful people who journey to the gates of Newcastle. The cast and employees have embraced me as if I'd been there all along. I aspire to be as talented in making my fictional characters as wonderful as the live ones they portray for us those eight weekends of faire.
This last week was week 6 of the season (Memorial weekend) and I worked all three days. I was complimented by several people on how my personality is not only warm to them but I should even try to make a character for myself and audition with it next year. I don't know if I have what it takes to be one of the amazing talents that they hire or whether I'm better suited welcoming people into the gates of the castle. It's a compliment, either way.
Here are pics that I've gathered from shots I took of the wonderful faces from my memories the last two years. If you have time, come by and enjoy one of the last two festival days that we have left.
***



















And a few from a photographer Ashleigh Emerson







)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer






No comments:

Post a Comment