Monday, August 4, 2014

8/4 - First college diploma

Many of you know that I've been in the Land O'College for the last three years. It's been an arduous journey for me and I'm glad to say that as of 7/31, I am done with getting my Medical Assistant Diploma.
 

I don't have my formal graduation, with cap and gown, until 12/4/14 but we were able to have a Pinning Ceremony for the day and night classmates. It was wacky, fun, and sweet. I'm so proud of my girls that I could bust and they know it. I cheered them all on and even issued a few threats of goodness along the way. We were there for each other, in a sorority type of way. Each of us had our own lives, and battles to fight along the way but we were still pushing the next one on.

It's going to take a while for me to come down from my multi tasking lifestyle as I don't have three jobs (yes, there were weeks where this happened) and college classes to attend. It's just strange how out of sorts it feels to not have all of that still going on. Of course, life is still progressing around me so it's not like I'm sitting idle. AS IF! The people close to me know that I don't understand the concept. :-) Having a few things on my plate (like a new book release and purchasing a home) is keeping me from feeling bereft as I learn to slow down on the stress and amount of work that I was used to dealing with. Without the current To Do List, including a corset order, I'd be in serious withdrawal from the monotony that has been my busy life.
My next step is to get a rewarding career as an RMA somewhere that I can call home. I've been doing front office long enough that that seems like second nature but I can do back office triage and still hold my own. It all depends on what is meant for me to do next, ya know? I'm on a path, even if at a rest stop, and have further to go. Thank goodness my shoes have the mileage left on them. 
I'd like to take this time to tell my classmates, "You got this and I'm proud to know you all."
To my family, "Thank you for supporting my dream."
To my friends, "You lifted me every time that I slipped."
To my supporters, "You mean so much to me."

I hope to make you proud and I want you all by my side as I keep pushing forward. And remember, dreams don't just happen while you're asleep, they can be reached while you're awake as well. Why not? What is there to lose? Just get out there and kick booty, baby.

)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn

Wench Writer


No comments:

Post a Comment