Monday, August 18, 2014

Me being me - part one

"The day you stop learning is the day you start dying." Ronald Kirkland, my daddy

So, I'm learning more about myself as I fight some insecurities. Recently graduating from college, my mind is out of sorts on what I'm doing with my time and my talents. My job has changed a bit and I'm okay with that, even if it isn't what was in my plans. I'm also fighting the fact that the time I used to spend on studying is now occupied by fixing up the house we bought a week ago. Again, this is doable as I can't sit around and wonder what things I'm missing. I've trained myself to be a professional multi tasker so the thought of having a block of unplanned time is totally unnerving to me.


All this being said, I'm going to add in a few posts about the changes that I'm going through. Maybe it'll help someone or maybe it'll be a cathartic way of me working myself out. Whatever works :-)

Today - Genre topic issues

I write primarily paranormal romance/paranormal romantic suspense. The problem is that my being engrossed in creative tales of vampires/shifters/witches has caused many to claim that the market is too saturated with these types of stories. Really? Isn't yet another Dracula movie coming out this year and didn't we just enjoy one season (dang it that they weren't smart enough to do more...) of the NBC Dracula series?
My opinion is the that you either like yummy vampires or you don't. Period. I have some friends who can't get enough and some that would rather not read another one, ever. That's fine and to each their own. I love vampire stories, macabre and romantic. I just do. So, until further notice, I will be milling my muse with ideas of more to come. I even just released one 
Calinda is a vampire coven daughter of the council and a timid translator who has been given to a stranger in a marriage contract that means exile if she doesn't accept the terms.  (cough cough - Go Buy It at http://store.sweetcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=232&zenid=fea3698539822556283d9a33dd5d0b4a)

And as I have several more in the Muse Library, there will be tons more to join this and my previous vampire characters.....like this
Andromeda is a psychic twin with two delicious men fighting to own her powers but only one can have her in their bed.
(Cough Cough, buy this too...also on Kindle and Nook, unashamed advertising)

I've made peace with the fact that some people are sick of fangtastic stories. It hurts but it's just a thing to overcome (giggle). I'm still going to move ahead with my series that hasn't found a home (sad to say) and see if I can keep going with it (with the other 6 books in the series) plus the many many many others in my imaginative notes. 
It's part of who I am, as a person and a writer. I can't please them all and I shouldn't try to. For those of you who follow my tastes, wonderful and welcome aboard the Wench Writer Ship of Temptation. To the people who would rather have a victorious viscount or energetic erotica....I applaud your diversity and may want to read those with you...but later. :-)

)))Corset Hugs(((
to you all

Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer



4 comments:

  1. They keep saying vampire and paranormal is dead, but I see no evidence of it either. Keep up the good work with writing what you love to write about! http://flossiebentonrogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, love your site. It's very suited to your genre. I look forward to reading more of your vampire stories. You rock, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing what you love is another way of feeding your soul. Thanks Flossie.

    ReplyDelete