Monday, October 6, 2014

Firsts - Laurell K. Hamilton books

I'm a big believer in reading series in their proper order but it doesn't always work out that way.  If it's a story that can completely stand alone,  then I'm good with reading content that's about several people in the same fictional community or even a series spin off.  But a true blue series deserves to be absorbed in the timeline that the writer configures. Well, my adoration of Anita Blake came nine books into the story. It came about as I was at my brother's house many years ago. He handed me a blue covered hardback book titled Obsidian Butterfly. Ron had seen it at a local bookstore and had thought it'd be an interesting read. Once he was done. he realized that it was right up my vampire alley. He offered it to me and I had been smart enough to have taken it.I was lost.


The story and it's main character, Anita Blake, had me enthralled. I began researching what other books Laurell K. Hamilton had written and was pleased to see that it was a full series. I got the list and hit the bookstores, but wasn't able to get my hands on all of them. I then went to the library and found the ones that I was missing. I put Obsidian Butterfly on my Keep Forever Shelf and went about seeing what other characters that I had missed as I'd picked up in the middle of the series. I was even happier to know that she had other lines and I could get my greedy hands on them all. 

I added all the newer ones to my Christmas Wish List and bought them for myself when I had been given enough money to complete what was current on the bookstore shelves. I had been lucky enough to have even gotten double copies of some of them so I shared them with my best friend. 
So began my love affair of Laurell, Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.  few of my friends debate about who the best secondary characters are but I enjoy them all. 
Now I have over 20 Anita Blake books on my Forever Shelf and I read them over and over again. I love them and I aspire to have a series that can somehow be in the same realm as these wonderful stories. Yep, I'm working on it. 

)))Corset Hugs(((

Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment