Monday, October 27, 2014

Sexy enough?


As I search for blog topics, I started looking into how I feel about the books that I enjoy reading. I read paranormal but I also like historicals, regency, romantic suspense, urban fantasy, and a few young adults. This being said, I also have a certain heat level that works for me. Yes, I've read sweet romances (I've even published two) to erotic romance and on a scale from 1 to 5, I'm great with a sultry 3, give or take :-)


If the sweet romance is high on sexual tension, then I can be just as satisfied (hehe) as with a sex scene that ends in bed posts being broken. My sweet romances have deep kisses and a spot of making out but nothing further on the sheet clinching level. My steamier book, Andromeda, has a higher heat 
rating as the couple actually have sex, but not in a graphic way.

I have friends who write BDSM and menage, which is fine but can actually make my ears blush. I'm not sure if it's the cough cough "attention to detail" or the word choices but I just can't act cool while I read it. Can I blame it on my upbringing? Please? 

Scenes from the film "The Thomas Crown Affair" starring Pierce Brosnan & Rene Russo.August 18, 1999.Well, I'm a girl who likes things just spicy enough to have my lips tingling for more. If it's a sneak of a touch on the back of a trembling neck or the hottest kiss that could incinerate the pages, just give it to me. I see it that there are different types of romance so there should be levels of what you are comfortable with, and I don't mean just what your mother sees on your bedroom shelves. 

My mom always read Harlequin Intrigue and would then pass them onto me, after remarking that I wasn't old enough to be reading any of the sex scenes.
It started something as my rebellious side wanted to dig right into it but my shyness took over once the page turned. Until recently, I couldn't even watch a movie love scene (like after the dance scene inThomas Crown Affair or after the fight scene in Mr and Mrs Smith) without wanting to hide my face from the others in the room. If you know me then you don't see how that could be, but it's a fact.
In my head, romance can be just as sexual as actually grabbing me up for a twisting dance of tongues. Subtle moves can seduce me more than a whisper in my blushing ear. I know that I'm not alone in this as I have friends who will be just as "moved" over a couple touching bare skin in a regency romance as they are over discussing the newest erotic romance series. 
And don't forget that many of us authors are judged upon by not only our genre but by the heat level that we're involved in. It's sad but true. I'm not as self conscious about this as I used to be when family would see me with a Harlequin stuffed in my book bag. Back then, I would hide it but now I'm proud to write what I do. (I hope that my readers are happy with it too.)
This leads me to ask you, what is your heat level of choice and why? I'd love to hear what you guys are interested in. 

)))Corset Hugs(((

Ginny Lynn 
Wench Writer


No comments:

Post a Comment