Monday, December 1, 2014

Firsts That I want for 2015 - Part 1

I spent a good bit of time thinking over what I wanted to put for this month's First blog but had a hard time finding something that "hit the spot" for me. This time I decided to make up a list of Firsts that I want to complete throughout the next year. There are several, so I'll do three for now and do three more, plus any of the first few that I didn't complete, in three . I'll post the other parts the first weeks of March, June, September, and let you know about the rest around the end of the year holidays in 2015.

1. Write my First Gothic Paranormal (aka another type of Romantic Suspense)
       
          I've already started it but being on the second chapter means that I barely have my act together. I'm surprised that I even came up with the GMC (goal, motivation, conflict) last week - on Thanksgiving Day, no less. It's a new venture for me and I want to see if I can do it justice. If not, then it was a wonderful learning experience. Either way, I want the first draft (when you toss the whole idea out of your mind and need to rework it, a few times) done by the end of April. I think that this is a fair goal with me being out of college.


2.  Have my First Home Office functional and in use

          The house that we bought in September has a good bit of work to be done on it. As we don't have adequate storage space, my office and the spare room have been  housing all of the items that we're going through for Goodwill donations. I was lucky enough to paint the walls before moving my desk, sewing machine, and bookcases in. It still needs the drawings on the wall, the black decorations, and everything ready to be used. MWAHAHAHA.


3.  Make my First Batch of Cinnamon Rolls

          Cinnamon rolls are one of my favs, even if lethal for anyone trying to fit into those skinny jeans. ;-) Maybe that's just me. Giggle. Even if I can't afford the caloric intake of having them on a frequent basis, I want to successfully make a batch of these babies. I'm sure that my best friend, and amazing cook, can help me accomplish this.


Who wants to do this with me? And yes, that means sharing it with me. I'll keep you posted and I'd love the same from you.

)))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer




2 comments:

  1. Great goals to start out the year! I look forward to your gothic romance. I didn't meet one of mine for 2014--getting the correct timeline to produce and publish a holiday book, so I'm continuing that desire into 2015. It can be Halloween or Christmas-- whatever time I can fit! http://flossiebentonrogers.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your goals.

      Delete