Monday, July 1, 2013

Firsts - Gift Baskets

As I have two conferences to attend this fall, I'm donating baskets for self promotion. One of these is the Ga Romance Writers 2013 Moonlight and Magnolia Conference in October and the other is the  Southern Magic Romance Readers Luncheon in November. I'm looking forward to both as I adore the people that will be in attendance.
I've been racking my brain for items that would be useful to my fans. So many places are going Green that I'm discouraged against ordering any note pads or bookmarks. I understand what they're going for and am new enough to this that I can adapt to the needs of the public. But what are my options?
I'm not someone who has bundles of cash at my reach (sorry, kids) so I have to be conscious of what gets the most bang for the buck. I've already got new business cards, postcards, bags and tshirts for my website. Phew! But what can I give out that is within my guidelines?
I decided on purchasing some of the books that I read as inspiration for my novels. This gives back to the authors who fed my muse as well as showing what I like to read. Yes, most of us write what we read (or want to read). I also decided to buy a journal to go with some pens I have on order. My hubby picked out the journal and it certainly fits into the theme of my first release.
Yes, I'm basing two of my baskets on Andromeda. This means I'll include a print version of that plus a deck of oracle cards. If you don't know why, then read Andromeda and you'll understand.
I'm wanting to put these items in a small "treasure chest" and yes, it makes sense with the theme of my book. And if I get any brainstorms of other things, those can be added as well. I wish that I could afford to buy Kindles/Nooks as a gift (since my books are currently on e-readers), but it doesn't seem feasible right now. Shoot, I didn't even have one for myself. (Don't steal my author card for that, please.) 
If you were designing or putting in for someone else's basket, what would you love to see in it? Let me know.
Thanks and )))Corset Hugs(((
Ginny Lynn
Wench Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment